Monday, March 26, 2012

A Walk In the Clouds

So by now everyone knows of my love of Highlands. Something about the air up there, the cool and quiet of the wooded mountains just takes me to a place of calm relaxation I cannot seem to achieve at home, with work and everything that always seems to be pulling at me. Well who knew I could get that same peaceful, easy feeling just a few minutes from home? 


The three of us went to Kennesaw Mountain yesterday after lunch. One of the things we always talk about but never did before. After meandering around the gift shop and grounds for a bit we tackled climbing the mountain. The trail was very similar to Highlands-Cashiers' Whiteside Mountain, said to be the oldest mountain in the world. Matty did great for quite a while but about half way through started to stall out. But with much prodding and "finish what we start" discussions he did make it to the top! Please worry not, we were hardly putting his health in danger. We were passed by twin 2-year old girls at one point. 


What a gorgeous view, and what a great feeling to be out amongst nature. We will most definitely be doing this again soon. At least I know I will. Matty might need some convincing. And Ben promises to never carry him down a mountain again.

No comments: