Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Spring...


And yet this post is about Christmas, 3 months late to be exact. This ridiculously belated post will miss most of the detail and the sappy nostalgia I could have interjected 12 weeks ago, but a bit has happened between then and now. I hate I've let so much time go by that a lot of it is lost to me now. But I will do my best… (crack knuckles)
I suppose it started like every Christmas since Matty was born with the Christmas Program at DCA. Not a pageant, mind you, (they are funny about that) it's a program they dedicate to mostly celebrating Jesus' Birthday, they even have presents for Him. Matty's class sang a song I'd never heard before called "Ordinary Baby." The girls paraded out in white tutus with red sashes and our boys in their Christmas best with angel halos. The song was so sweet from mouths of these sweet 3 year olds:

He was just an ordinary baby
That's the way He planned it maybe
So that we would come to Him 
and not be afraid! 

But not only did they have their song, they had a whole mini played rehearsed. Rodney played Caesar, Mac played Joseph and Matty's BGFF (Best Girl Friend Forever) Rachel was a very sweet new Momma as Mary. All the kids did a really great job memorizing their lines. I was really impressed. Of course they start rehearsals just after Labor Day! One of the parents brought all the kids flowers afterwards for a performance well done.
I was really looking forward to Christmas this year, maybe more than most. Hosted at our house, at one point or another we had just about everyone in our house! I did my best to take a page from the Patsy Read book of entertaining and plan it well, make lots ahead adn enjoy the time with my family, not slaving in the kitchen!

Christmas Eve afternoon, I took a break from planning and cooking and we went to the square to check out the giant Chrismas tree on they had on display. Matty always loves going here, especially when there's about a dozen oversized presents to jump on!

Christmas Day came upon us rather early, earlier than the sun come to think of it. Matty was so excited to go downstairs and was super excited to see that not only had Santa come but he knew of his major obsession with dinosaurs! Santa had left him a whole dino-land and tons of new sauruses to play with!

That afternoon Jen and Kevin and Hudson drove up from Macon so we could all be together. Dad and Hudson are heading to the Galapagos this summer and both got books and videos and gear to get ready for their big adventure! 

It was a whirlwind Christmas with planning, prepping, presents and family. And I can't wait to do hopefully do it all again! 

No comments: