Whew! I'm almost done getting you caught up! :)
In January, Ben was still working up in New Jersey so one weekend Matty and I headed to Highlands to see Daddy. It had been an entire year since I'd been there. No excuses, that is awful! On the way home I decided we had to stop at Goats On The Roof, a quirky gift shop along the drive that literally has grass and goats on the roof. Most of it was pretty silly but they had some cute stuff like this saddle, I mean how often do I get to see my kid on a saddle?

Matty is many wonderful things. He is also a master procrastinator for bath and bedtime. The other night he was supposed to be getting ready for bath, but decided to put my pants on instead!

The other day I took off a long-awaited day off of work so just Matty and I could play and hang out. Having had to take him to school every day of our precious Christmas vacation due to my pneumonia I wanted to make it up to him. So we headed to the Aquarium the other day and he certainly enjoyed it. We started with the Dolphin Tales show which was a really unique experience. Part dolphin show, part play, part musical theater, but Matt loved it!

But mostly he loved the rocky walls and wanted nothing more than to climb them! He had me stop to take his picture on nearly every one we passed! He was a good boy so got a treat at the gift shop. The belugas, sharks, and dolphins though did little to inspire him. We walked out of there with a very lifelike snake by the neck. Did I ever tell you of Ben's one dreaded phobia?

No comments:
Post a Comment