The years are officially going by too fast now, because I feel like I just posted that Matty turned 3 and now it's time to celebrate him turning 4! And it was an event, in classic Browning fashion. Not only did we have a lice scare (negative!) the day before his birthday mere hours before Mama P arrived, but his birthday party was the party that almost never was.
I took off work for his actual birthday, Friday March 30, and we played with Mama P, went to the park, practiced his tricycle skills, had a nice lunch complete with a Happy Birthday Whoopie Pie. We sat in the warm sun playing in the backyard until we were starving, then we topped off the day with pizza and ice cream. I mean, come on, what's more perfect than that?
Then as luck would have it, fever struck Matty in the middle of the night. I was hoping for a fluke, but by morning the fever was not relenting and, yes we even got a visit from the throw-up fairy. Really, it's his freaking birthday! Then a few hours later, after I had called a few folks to cancel the party, he rallied in a big way. Fever broke and he was jumping off our couch like a little dare devil. Since I had no way of getting in touch with the rest of the parents, it was cross our finger time that it was just something he ate.
And I guess that was all it was, as no one else ended up being afflicted, and the party went off without a hitch after that. Matty and his classmates had a great time at The Little Gym in Smyrna. To quote his free t-shirt, he jumped, tumbled and sang his way to the best birthday party ever! I only hate we had to disinvite a few folks in a panic beforehand but I guess better safe than sorry since those Mama's I could reach were also very pregnant!
I would recommend this place to anyone who's never been. For a pretty reasonable price you get the whole facility to yourself for an hour and a half and the staff goes out of their way to make it fun and also very easy on the parents.
Under the parachute, his classmates sing happy birthday to a very shy Matty, not knowing what to do with all the birthday attention!
Part Spiderman?
I love this picture! The kids were singing again and he was just beside himself! I commented I was suprised his hand didn't end up in the cake as it typically does at Jake's birthday parties!
All the DCA kids had a great time! And by the end of the day, several parents, including us were signing their kids up for dance or tumbling. I can't wait for him to start class!










No comments:
Post a Comment