Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowpalooza!

I've gotten so used to ignoring weathermen who promise record snow storms in the south that this weekend has really caught me by surprise! But last night as I looked out my window, snow began pouring down like I have never seen in Georgia and within the hour I couldn't see a blade of grass in our yard. It was simply gorgeous waking up this morning to crystalline lawns and trees and almost 6 inches of snow on the ground.

Matty and I had a good time for a while out in the yard this morning, going on an adventure under the holly bushes and around the perimeter of the backyard. But mostly I think he is still a little too young to really appreciate a rare snow day like this.


He will get another chance tomorrow though, weather expected to still be too severe to venture out, all schools and businesses are closed another day. And we've already made play-plans with the Whittemore's next door so hopefully Matty will have more fun tomorrow.

I am now just hoping we make it through the night without a power outage, as throughout the day ice has left about an inch-thick coating on already weighted down trees and limbs. But being the diligent wife of a former Eagle scout, I'm prepared. Heat cranked up and flashlights, candles, firestarters all laid out in case Matty and I have to hunker down in the den by the gas fireplace.

Pray for us!

No comments: