This was a cool project that I did for work, and I'm really proud of the success we had with it and I wanted to share!
Our Cape Town, South Africa office came up with the idea to take stock photography books, that litter ad agencies and are now useless because of online libraries, and turn them into children's books for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds. The President of our North America offices then challenged every JWT office worldwide to take their idea and make it their own.
We partnered with the Boys and Girls Club of Norcross and arranged to help rebuild their library, which was literally a closet with the door taken off, broken shelves and only a few books. So several of us wrote orginal children's stories, cut out pictures that complimented them, and had them hard bound.
But we wanted to do more for these kids. So we collected almost 200 gently used books and $200 with which we bought more brand new books for their library. When we showed up with our boxes and boxes, they were completely overwhelmed!
This short video illustrates part of what we were able to do. The video itself was also was fun to put together. I never get to be creative at work, but this video was my baby...enjoy!!
My First Book Project
No comments:
Post a Comment