Monday, August 17, 2009

Busy Busy Busy...

As Summer days are getting fewer, Matty and I seem to be trying to cram as much in as possible! And loving every moment! Two weekends ago we headed to Macon for my college roommate, Laura's, baby shower. She is due to deliver Olivia Kate Heacox any minute now! (Sooner based on some of the guesses at the shower!) And making Rachel a very proud big sister! Theresa was also there, and let me tell you, it was a rare pleasure to have my two roomies under one roof. We manage that about once a year for about an hour! Aren't they pretty!? :)


Rachel was not about to have the whole party be about Miss Olivia though. A rather dumb-founded little girl, she walked up to Laura, tooth in hand, saying, "um Momma, I lost my tooth." It was her first tooth to loose! We all almost teared up. Atta girl, Rachel!

After the shower, heart pounding, I went to Isabel's, a popular boutique in Macon. Somehow I managed not to throw up on the owner, while I told her all about Screw Cancer Eat Cake. Her husband having recently been diagnosed with a rare abdominal cancer, it all resonated deeply with her. And in a couple of weeks, you can stop by and purchase SCEC at Isabel's!

While I was showering and not throwing up, Matty spent a couple hours with Mimi and Bop and had a blast! I came home to a very happy boy! He loves his grandparents so much! The next week all I heard everyday was "Mimi? Bop? Mimi? Bop?" So it was good fortune that we had to go to Highlands last weekend for Ben to finish a solar job. 70s all weekend, we can't complain! Something about Highlands. I'm able to unwind there like nowhere else. It's simply heaven!


Also, just have to show off the newest member of our family! We finally had the yucky old gate and fence to the back yard ripped out and a beautiful new gate and arbor built. I can't wait for fall when we finally plant and the jasmine starts crawling up the trellice!

No comments: