Thursday, August 6, 2009

Water Play and Picnic Day at DCA!

Matty's school is so great about planning events to include the parents in their children's fun-filled days at DCA. A couple of weeks ago, we were invited to "water play" and have a picnic on the playground. Matty had so much fun! What a blast! They have a "water table" where the little ones splash like crazy. They do this often when the kids are not in their swimwear. On more than one occasion this summer, Matty's been more than a little damp when I picked him up from school. But today they went further and brought out the sprinklers. Matty and his classmates were in hog-heaven, and even their teachers jumped in on the fun! As hard as it is to leave him, I'm ever-thankful for the wonderful place he spends his hours I have to be away from him!

Matty got in some good sprinkler practice the weekend before DCA's picnic. He was running around our yard screaming his little heart out! His face would light up as the water hit him, and he truly crashed later on! Later that afternoon we enjoyed an impromptu beer at our neighbors house, the Whittemores, and enjoyed getting to know them and their children better. Their kids are 2 and 3 and I hope will be great friends growing up next door!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh yipee!! new matty pix to give aunt jen a little fix!! thank you...when will we see you again??