Wednesday, October 29, 2008

7 Months Old!

Another month older! I can hardly believe it. And it seems like he has changed so much in the past few weeks! Hmmm, I guess I say that every month, but then it's true every month! Matty is on the move now, mastering the army crawl to a fine art. While it's not the full-on hands and knees crawl, it certainly gets him from point A to point B in a flash. Time to up the baby-proofing anty. Babies R Us here we come...again! And this previously bald beauty is also getting some serious blonde hair coming in. And I could be wrong, but it might just end up being a tad wavy like Ben's, so we'll see. I remember years ago seeing Ben's baby pictures and thinking it'd be okay with me to have a sweet blue-eyed toe-head little boy in my life one day...and here we are! :)

We changed up Matty's feeding schedule this weekend, per doctor's suggestion. So he is eating 3 meals a day now and his schedule is so much like a big boy. I'd say it's safe to say this is the schedule he'll have for many years to come (sans the morning formula bottle). It makes me realize how much life has changed in just a few short months. Those days of 'round the clock feedings are certainly a distant memory now. And I can't say I'm exactly complaining about that.

We are so excited for Matty's first Halloween on Friday! He is going to be a cuddly lion and thankfully he doesn't seem to hate wearing the costume! Although, tonight I have to do some "altering" to make the head piece fit over his 80th percentile noggin. His class is having a fun party on Friday, and I get to take off a bit early and go participate in that and I can't wait! Then an afternoon neighborhood party for a bit and of course we have to have a photo op with Brenden, Davis and Jake as well, so we'll be doing that at the MacIsaac's on Saturday. So be on the lookout for a lion on the blog sometime soon!

This past week was rather noteworthy for Ben: he completed Georgia Solar's first installation! A house in Sandy Springs is now solar powered thanks to Ben's efforts. Craig was here and they were up at dawn and not home until well after dark everyday, but despite all the exhaustion from standing on a rooftop for 4 straight days, they seemed to be having a lot of fun! We celebrated the completion Sunday night with Brandy and cubans (cigars not people) on the back deck. Job well done!

(ps check back soon for new pics :))

No comments: