Matty has his first half-birthday tomorrow! 6 months old! Such a big boy, it's absolutely amazing! Even in the last week he has changed so much. Talking, babbling, cooing, and laughing more than ever, and has even added what sounds like a growl to his repertoire, he cracks me up. He is so animated, and active! How he is not already crawling is beyond me. This child is desperate to move! Rolling over has morphed into a mode of transportation! Who needs to crawl when you can steamroll your way through the den? I am sure that we will be lowering the mattress in his crib and announcing that he is officially mobile very soon! I guess it's all the food he has been eating! This month since starting solids, he is a master of the spoon, munching down rice and oatmeal cereal, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash. Yum!
Matty and I headed home 2 weekends ago to see family and friends. Many people in Macon still haven't met the little guy and they were so sweet in helping us get ready for him and showering us with gifts, I wanted to be able to show him off. After packing what felt like the whole house for days (it's such a production traveling with a baby!) we got home Friday evening and got to see Jen and Kevin and Mom and Dad. Had a nice visit thankfully because Saturday Matty started running a high fever, topping out over 103, again. The two of us called an abrupt end to our weekend so I could get him home in his own bed, and disrupt him as little as possible. He is much better now, just a cough and hopefully this time this cold business is gone for a while! Sheesh, we were just here!
I had my first Parent/Teacher conference with his Bonding Teacher, Mrs. Webb. That's right, a P/T conference for a 6 month old. And he of course got a glowing report card. We sat down and Mrs. Webb said, not sure what all I can say, "Matthew sells himself." She obviously has a strong bond with him and cares so much for him, it touches me. He is doing great, all check marks except for holding his bottle which we both agree has nothing to do with a lack of ability, merely a lack of motivation! We're working on that one!
Have a great week everyone, and I'll try to be better about these posts!
1 comment:
yeah!! finally some new stuff on the blog. he's so big. can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment