Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life in the fast lane

We have been so busy this past week! After months and months of pregnancy and early motherhood, I wandered into my closet to realize I hadn't really been shopping since I graduated college! Not that bad, but close. So I begged my Mom to come up and have a girl's shopping day with me on Saturday and relive those back-to-school shopping days! We had a great time! First we met little Mimi (Mom's sister, whose real name is Mimi but who we now call "little" Mimi since that is Mom's grandmother name) and Amanda and her daughter Ansley for a ladies' lunch at the mall, then Mom and I hit the stores all afternoon. It was nice to have that time with her, and to have a few new items of clothes I can actually squeeze my mom-bod into! While we were burning up the stores, Ben and Matty had a boy's day. They had a great day playing and spending time together, and you know they went to Home Depot. What's a boy's day without that? By the end of the day they were both totally pooped!

But the naps were short lived because we had a special visitor Saturday night - Jake McNeely came to hang out while his parents, Brian and Caroline, had their first real date since having Jake 6 months ago. The boys were really cute and held hands in Ben's lap. They love each other already :)

Sunday after church, the 3 of us went to Ellie Hudgins' first birthday party! She was precious as can be in her yellow sundress and was the perfect birthday girl. So sweet and nice enough to share her toys with Matty and Lily Dennard. The cupcake themed party was so precious. I only hope I can pull off as nice a party when it's Matty's turn!
Matty and I have enjoyed a nice unexpected day at home today. When I picked him up from school Wednesday his eye did not look good (I'll leave the details to the imagination). And the nurse at his doctor's said it was the ever-dreaded pinkeye. But now we think that it's just part of this cold he is getting over because his eyes are clear as a bell today. Oh well, I can't complain about an impromptu day of fun with my boy!

Matty is doing so great. You would hardly recognize him from even just a couple of weeks ago. He is more animated than ever now! Talking like crazy all the time, smiling big! He just is much more aware these days. He looks for things he drops and turns to you sometimes when you talk to him. Very engaged and just the happiest baby! Rolling over is old hat now and Ben is chomping at the bit for the day that he crawls. I however am perfectly fine with his immobility for the moment. I plan on enjoying it while it lasts!

No comments: