Monday, October 20, 2014

Farmtastic Day


Matthew and I hopped in the car and casually headed to a classmate's birthday party one perfect autumn Sunday afternoon. Almost an hour later we arrived at The Art Barn. I had feared most of the drive I was certainly heading in the wrong direction; I was unprepared for how far our destination was. But it turns out it was more than simply "miles" away, and it was the perfect little getaway for the day. 

Surrounded by donkeys, sheep, pigs, chickens, bunnies, funky metal yard art and a clear Carolina blue sky we settled in for a good time. The kids had a blast brushing the donkeys, holding the bunnies, chicks and the eggs, talking to Pickles the Pig, and learning about the animals and muscadine grapes. And what trip to the farm would be complete without a tractor ride. 

After much fun near the Barn, it was time for the Art. The birthday girl wanted to paint a chicken so all the kids painted and laughed at the picnic tables under the shade of an arbor. Much more than a birthday party, this was just an all around Farmtastic Day! 


The kids learned never to stand behind a donkey. 


Matthew carefully holds a will-be baby chick.


Learning about muscadine grapes. 


Matthew and Caroline, the birthday girl. 


Thanks for coming. 
Now go. 

No comments: