Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Henry Turns 365 Days Old!

I know. I did it again. Got distracted, busy, overwhelmed with daily lists, and confused in thinking that things like laundry and organizing the closet were more important than documenting and sharing the milestones in The Browning Family. But I am awake from my coma for a spell and ready to share a very big occasion we were recently blessed to celebrate with family and friends. 

Sweet baby Henry is 1! 
365 days have never gone so fast. Just yesterday I was pregnant and now we have a toddler. Just like that. 

And a wonderful toddler at that. 
Sweet and happy. Silly and funny. 
Physical, yet deliberate. Somewhat attached, yet adventurous and curious. 
He's our joy boy. 

And everyone wanted to celebrate this joy with us! Uncle Ted and Aunt Randle came for a rare and wonderful visit to help celebrate the big day. And we are so glad they did. It would not have been the same without them. We were so happy to be able to share a few days together, catching up, talking and playing. 


Matty saw to it there was plenty of playing. He and Uncle Ted invented something called "Swing Soccer." But having witnessed this, and now taken part myself, it's more like "Throw That Ball Right at My Moving Foot Soccer." Matty swings and laughs, you run around for the ball. The kid is truly a genius. 


Even more friends and family came around to sing Happy Birthday to Henry the afternoon of his party, including Mama P, Little Mimi, Amanda, Waylon...


...Cousin Ansley...


...Bop and Lovey...


...Sullivan...


...Katelyn...


...and Ryan!


It was a special party. Small and low-key but perfectly sweet just like the birthday boy himself! I tried to do this party a tad differently than my usual routine and not give myself a stroke over the planning details. And it worked. I learned it's more fun pretty much throwing it together in the last week or two. We're both growing up.

Mommy loves her birthday boy.


Pre-smashed cakes and decorations.


"Hoo is turning 1?"




Finally it was time for the big moment!
"I want cake! I want cake!"


"They're singing to me!?"


Daddy and Matty help Henry start digging in.


"Henry got icing on my shirt!"


"This stuff is interesting."


"Matty doesn't seem to approve of my approach."


Proper 1st birthday smash cake form.


"Just how blue do I have to get before she ends this madness?"


For those of you who like this sort of thing, here's a little something I like to call "Before."


And "After."


"Before."



And "After."


After the dust, tissues, bow and wrapping paper settled (if not the cake) Henry enjoyed a post party bottle and snuggle with Lovey.


Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Henry. 
You are loved.


No comments: