Even though our sweetie boo Henry (yes I wrote that) is a bit older than this now I still wanted to take a look back and post these precious 7 month pictures. We're not that far removed from it yet. Only 6 weeks or so? And yet I am so utterly amazed at the changes in that time, you'd think we'd never raised a child before.
I took these pictures late one afternoon as it occurred to me I hadn't captured him sitting up, which clearly he was doing like an old pro by this time. He was starting to scoot. You remember that realization when you set the baby down, walk away for a minute and come back and he's just not quite where you left him?
Today Henry is just 2 weeks shy of his 9 month birthday. Crawling could easily be an Olympic event, he's a master at it. And he's got his own style about him that's for sure. Who needs to "knee crawl" when you can get that right leg up by your head and thrust yourself forward like a chimpanzee. When Bop saw him take off crawling one day, he said "oh yeah the 'crab crawl' you did that!" Guess it's in the gene pool!
Oh and what did I spy him doing just a couple of weeks later? Standing in his crib of course. Crib rail down by his belly button and just as happy as can be! Yes, the mattress was promptly lowered. I want him to learn about certain facts, but the law of gravity can wait a while.
Pulling up, cruising, starting table foods, and sleeping much better through the night. Henry is as happy as he can be at his school. His friend Kendrick loves him especially and follows him wherever he goes. His favorite words are "Da! Da! Da! Da! Da!" He doesn't nap at school too much. 20 minutes a day, except for the car rides, is typically the report I get. Our kids just don't want to miss a thing I guess.
He is early to bed. Early to rise. He smiles a lot. He loves his big brother. He loves Beary White. His spirit is so vast and so wide and so deep, we may need to build more space in our home to house it.
He blesses our life immensely.
Every. Single. Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment