Not only have the past few months been busy with holidays and Henry-firsts, we have also been traveling a bit. Before I returned to work in February the Brownings made 2 family trips together, and marked 2 more firsts for Henry: his first plane ride and his first trip to Austin, for his Baptism at the same church where Matthew was baptized, and where Mama P is a deacon.
In almost identical fashion as his brother on his baptism day, Henry was one big star. It may be hard for some to be the center of attention, but not our children. Henry spent most of that Sunday morning dreaming in his father's arms as Reverend Clark ministered away at Westminster Presbyterian Church. When Bill motioned for Ben, Henry and I to come up in front of the church for the big moment, Henry began to stir awake and opened his eyes under the lights and in front of dozens of strangers. Now it should be said, I'm pretty sure Henry had a small touch of colic in the early months and earned him the nickname "Mr. Sensitive." But as Bill began to speak the vows Ben and I and the rest of the congregation would make to Henry, he just calmly rested in Ben's arms. Nary a peep was made. As Bill took him from Ben's arms and sprinkled the blessed water on his forehead, Henry calmly took it all in as if he understood the sacred moment at hand. At both boys' baptisms I was overcome with their peace. I truly believe the Spirit was with them.
Henry loves his Daddy.
And his Uncle Ted!
After church the family enjoyed a yummy brunch together. And what meal is complete without cake?
But don't get me wrong, the rest of the weekend we were more characteristically casual.
This right here is where Matty spent 98.9% of the weekend in Austin. Barefoot on the pogo swing. I am pretty sure if we could have affixed a pillow and blanket to it, this is where the boy would have slept.
Lots of catching up and laughter in the warm Texas sun.
Hi Mommy, Uncle Ted has me!
"I'm gonna get you!!!"
Rocket Man
Aunt Randi!
"Did Mommy say it was easy being the center of attention? She may have misspoken. It's actually quite hard to be the king."











No comments:
Post a Comment