Friday, April 4, 2014

Henry Read Browning

"Every child that is born is proof that God has not yet given up on human beings."

I've always loved that quote, especially since Ben and I became parents. And I'm reminded of it often these days looking into the eyes of our new baby boy. I've been remiss not to spend a moment on the blog welcoming Henry into our family. 6 months and 2 days ago, a long awaited spirit graced our family, and nothing has been the same since. (I'll blame him for the last 6 months of delinquent blogging, and work on who else I can blame for the other 17...) 

It's been a busy few months, to say the least. And happy ones at that. I regret I find myself racing through the highlights, and I'll try not to miss anything. 

Here is Henry's first picture. Moments after he was born via emergency c-section. What a moment it was. An easy morning, followed by a scary afternoon, and a comical welcome when Ben said at Henry's first cry: "he sounds like Shadow." 


Henry was busy in the early days meeting lots of new family. 

Big brother...



...Grandparents, Bop and Ellen, and...



...Mama P...



...Unca, who was at the house mere hours after Henry arrived home that first day, and who would not let An Jen Jen live it down he got to meet and hold him first.



But she finally did get to meet him a few weeks later, and he wasn't even driving yet as Unca had teased...


The first month Henry was in the world was a busy time. Busy big brother adjusting to a new sibing. Busy Mommy and Daddy adjusting to a new baby after almost 6 years. Busy meeting family and settling into life together. And busy with many firsts.

First nap with Daddy...


First Halloween Trick-o-treating with Matty...


First trip to Highlands... 


First Thanksgiving "meal" with family...


First group nap with Daddy AND Matty...


And first Christmas...



Hmm...I am suddenly letting myself off the hook for not blogging more before now. We've hardly been lazy around here! 

No comments: