Every single person who regularly visits this site already knows that we lost my darling Mom on February 24 to Ovarian Cancer. But I hope you'll bear with me and understand that I must mark it down here. This is "The Browning Family" blog after all. And there would be no Browning Family without the dear woman who brought me into this world.
It only took 5 weeks from re-diagnosis to the moment Momma transitioned from this world to the next. And there are just no words to fully express what we've been through as a family: the heartbreak each step of the way as what would happen to Mom became more and more clear, the very dark days of total disbelief, and the tremendous love and support that we've been given by wonderful family and friends. Each card, email, meal, phone call and hug has been like a strong hand reaching out and holding us up. How blessed we've been not to have to go through this alone.
In terms of Matty, I have so many pictures and stories I want to share. Our little man turns 2 in just a few days, and certainly very soon this blog will be filled again with the little moments that mark his precious life. But something about not touching this blog, for me, has kept Christmas frozen in time - kept Momma seemingly healthy and at her happiest. And it's kept me from having to fully start over. But I know it's okay to start over. It's what Momma would want and it's what the rest of us have to do. Matty surely isn't slowing down. Guess I gotta get off my bench and get on our way.
No comments:
Post a Comment