When I picked him up from school yesterday, his "bonding teacher" Mrs. Webb said during tummy time he rolled over from belly to back for the first time! She put him right back on his tummy and he rolled himself right back over! Ben and I were so excited and proud of him! We expected some real sadness that we were not there to experience that moment with him. But that emotion was much smaller than we anticipated. We were just so proud and excited that he learned this great new trick! We tried to get him to do it for us when we got home, but I guess it was old news to him by that point. He really wasn't too interested in reliving the moment. Hopefully tonight.
For the last few weeks, Matty's been drooling like a champ. I keep telling him, if the world ever has to endure a drool shortage, they can always come to him for relief. I have been wondering if maybe he was teething by all the drool and hand chomping. But kept thinking he is awfully young for that. But I do believe Matty is starting to cut his first teeth. While this is not confirmed by his doctor or anything, he has been rather fussy at night, not like him at all, and this morning when offered my knuckle while crying his little head off, he bit down hard. I think his little gums are hurting him pretty bad. I hated to see how uncomfortable he was, but at the same time it's pretty neat to see him growing and changing so much. He's becoming a big boy!
Then Saturday evening I had dinner with two other Mommy friends of mine, Lisa and Jeannie, friends from my TGM days. I must admit I was a bit hesitant, I hated to leave my little guy, even though I liked that he and Ben got some quality time. But we had a great time! It was very nice to have a nice dinner and wine with girlfriends. The husbands surely wouldn't have enjoyed the dinner conversation anyway: all babies, labor and delivery chat!
This weekend, Matty is looking forward to a visit with Miss Lauren and her daughter Ellie, who will be 1 next month! We are also having his (late) 3 month pictures taken Saturday morning. I am so excited! Of course he has a mosquito bite on his forehead from 1 minute outside the other day. Hopefully it will be gone by then, or the magic of photoshop can always wipe it away!
No comments:
Post a Comment