Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Bootscootin' Day

Another Walker Volunteer Day success story. This was supposed to be the day I helped with Math Rotations. That's what I signed up for, but the Good Lord clearly knew that was no place for me. So he sent torrential rain showers on the day Bootscootin' Day had been planned for and in his infinite wisdom had the school reschedule it for my Math day. 
Thanks, God. 


And what a fun day it was. A few days after Halloween and these cuties were clearly still in full on dress up mode with their head-to-toe Cowboy gear, and Matthew sporting his first pair of authentic cowboy boots. Cheap Target brand would not do for this Texan at heart. The kids were so cute and awfully proud of their homemade (or rather school-made) hobby horses. Matthew's was named Dalphin. Exactly, "like Dolphin. But with an a."


And there was more than just cute boots and hats. There were western games, of course. 


Rope Toss where they tried to rope a calf, I mean, desk chair. 


Horseshoes. 


And Bandana Squeeze Relay where they soaked a bandana in water and had to wring it out in the bucket down the way and race back to their pard'ner. But it was about 45 degrees on this chilly November morning, and Matthew didn't have much interest in getting cold and wet. Can't imagine why...


Me and my handsome cowboy.

Dear Lord, I'm sure you've noticed by now, I've signed up for Math Rotations Mom again on March 3. If plague hits The Walker School, I'm sure I'll know the reason why. 
Amen.  


No comments: