This week started for Ben and I by us finally joining a church. We had attended First United Methodist Church several times and decided to make it our church home officially on Sunday. We were able to meet a lot of people before and after the special membership Sunday service, and I think we are going to be very happy with our choice. Now we are able to get the ball rolling to have Matty christened in Austin hopefully in early summer. We are very excited to get everything set up so we can take Matty to Texas to meet the rest of his Daddy's side of the family!
Matty and I ventured out into the world for the first time this week by ourselves! And everyday we have run errands, had lunch with Ben or friends, but no matter how many times we get out of the house, I am still getting used to what a production it is! I can't get over how much his car seat weighs! I am grateful it's clearly a sturdy piece of equipment, but heaven help me when he gets bigger. At least I know how I will be shedding those last few pregnancy pounds!
Among our outings this week was Ben's softball game Thursday night. We joined all our Mommy friends and their little boys: Leslie and Brendan, Hilary and Davis and Caroline and Jake. It was lots of fun, but I must confess I spent much more time watching where the softballs were flying out of the field than the actual game itself :) The Moms followed the game up with a nice long lunch on Friday. We've had lots of fun this week, though I think we have a little time before the boys enjoy those outings as much as the Moms do.
Ben and I celebrated our third anniversary Wednesday night. Romantically sharing a frozen pizza from Trader Joes (thanks Mimi and Amanda!) after we put the little one to bed. Hopefully Saturday night we will celebrate with a dinner out, but regardless of the fact that there was no fancy dinner out, it was very special. We are just so happy to have Matty with us finally and watching him figure out little things here and there, there was no better way to spend anniversary number 3 than just being together the 3 of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment